[tex-live] Improved Garamond available - please include in CTAN

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Jul 21 02:00:46 CEST 2009

On 20 July 2009 Robin Fairbairns wrote:

 > i agree with almost all that reinhard says, but
 >
 > >   In particular, the Adobe Type1 spec
 > > requires that there should never exist two different fonts with the
 > > same /FontName.
 >
 > sure.  pity some people aren't observing this rule.

It's a pity indeed.  As far as getnonfreefonts is concerned, I support
the original fonts in the first place.  I have no other choice.

 > but...
 >
 > > And, of course, the /UniqueID has to be unique.
 >
 > is it not the case that adobe's given up on unique ids?

Yes, they don't assign new ones any more.  It's wrong if two different
fonts share the same /UniqueID, but it's fine if a font doesn't have a
/UniqueID at all.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25