[tex-live] TeX Live: one idea on tlmgr update option

Roberto Giacomelli giaconet.mailbox at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 09:26:58 CEST 2009

Hi all,
Thank you very much for your work on TeX Live 2009. I installed the
pretesting version on a pc with Ubuntu 8.04 and on another with
Windows XP. After a week I have registered no error and  I can say to
you a very good impression received  by TeX Live 2009.

Just one idea: with a frequently update of the texlive.infra files the
command >tlmgr update -all not work directly because the system
required to update first texlive.infra.
Is possible to automate this step? In other words, is tlmgr better
manage the different kind of update (infrastructure and/or packages)?

So, the usual command >tlmgr update -all run always independently by
the set of update items.
Thank you.
--
Roberto Giacomelli