[tex-live] bug in TeX Live Utility

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Mon Jul 13 02:20:32 CEST 2009

On Jul 12, 2009, at 4:48 PM, Karl Berry wrote:

>    I'm waiting to see the final path on CTAN before adding UI for
> this.
>
> It will be http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/ (with no
> year).
>
> It would seem logical to have a UI in TLU for specifying the entire
> path.

Indeed.  IIRC I split it up because it's composed in TLConfig.pm from
TeXLiveServerURL and TeXLiveServerPath, and I figured I'd follow
suit.  One advantage is that you can use a CTAN mirror URL from http://www.dante.de/mirmon
  directly in the preferences, and the systems/texlive... will be
tacked on.

If the year part of the path is going away, I won't bother adding a
popup for each year, which was my original thought.  Specifying the
full path to tlnet is easier.

> Heck, it could be some local server/path which follows no
> convention at all.

In theory, yes, but I haven't tested my code with file: URLs.

>    defaults write com.google.mactlmgr.tex_live_utility
>
> What does Google have to do with tlmgr?

Google Code provides hosting for TLU, and this is the Mac OS X reverse-
dns bundle identifier for it; I changed it to
com.googlecode.mactlmgr.tlu for the next release, which is more correct.