[tex-live] after install package with tlgmr install , if I need to texhash

waterloo waterloo2005 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 05:28:45 CEST 2009

I use texlive2008 DVD which was copied to my disk in linux gentoo , I don't
use texlive 2008 in portage of gentoo. I set the path to include
texlive2008.

After I have installed a package with "tlmgr install xxx" in terminal, I
have
to call
               texhash
manually to make the package be found?

I have run
tlmgr option location http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008
tlmgr update bin-texlive texlive.infra
before.

I ran the two commands today , I got  the result :
$ tlmgr option location http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008
tlmgr: setting default installation location to
http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008
$ tlmgr update bin-texlive texlive.infra
tlmgr: installation location
ftp://ftp.ctex.org/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008
remove pageno (removed on server)
pageno: package not present, cannot remove
remove ot2cyr (removed on server)
ot2cyr: package not present, cannot remove
remove ogonek (removed on server)
ogonek: package not present, cannot remove
remove hilowres (removed on server)
hilowres: package not present, cannot remove
remove eqnarray (removed on server)
eqnarray: package not present, cannot remove
remove backgammon (removed on server)
backgammon: package not present, cannot remove
remove invoice (removed on server)
invoice: package not present, cannot remove
remove colortab (removed on server)
colortab: package not present, cannot remove
remove schedule (removed on server)
schedule: package not present, cannot remove
remove yi4latex (removed on server)
yi4latex: package not present, cannot remove
remove niceframe (removed on server)
niceframe: package not present, cannot remove
remove compact (removed on server)
compact: package not present, cannot remove
remove numline (removed on server)
numline: package not present, cannot remove
remove newalg (removed on server)
newalg: package not present, cannot remove
remove umrand (removed on server)
umrand: package not present, cannot remove
remove cirth (removed on server)
cirth: package not present, cannot remove
remove resume (removed on server)
resume: package not present, cannot remove
remove cellular (removed on server)
cellular: package not present, cannot remove
remove cmastro (removed on server)
cmastro: package not present, cannot remove
remove china2e (removed on server)
china2e: package not present, cannot remove
remove geomsty (removed on server)
geomsty: package not present, cannot remove
remove progkeys (removed on server)
progkeys: package not present, cannot remove
remove newthm (removed on server)
newthm: package not present, cannot remove
remove wp-conv (removed on server)
wp-conv: package not present, cannot remove
remove fax (removed on server)
fax: package not present, cannot remove
remove bridge (removed on server)
bridge: package not present, cannot remove
remove ipa (removed on server)
ipa: package not present, cannot remove
remove c90enc (removed on server)
c90enc: package not present, cannot remove
remove garuda (removed on server)
garuda: package not present, cannot remove
remove grnumalt (removed on server)
grnumalt: package not present, cannot remove
remove futhark (removed on server)
futhark: package not present, cannot remove
remove oca (removed on server)
oca: package not present, cannot remove
remove norasi (removed on server)
norasi: package not present, cannot remove
remove answers (removed on server)
answers: package not present, cannot remove
remove guitbeamer (removed on server)
guitbeamer: package not present, cannot remove
tlmgr: package log updated at
/media/bak/systembak/texlive2008/current/texmf-var/web2c/tlmgr.log

when I open the "tlmgr-gui" , I can not input in "Search" location now.
I think the gui of tlmgr is not  stable .
I can only copy package name to "Search" location with mouse middle key(I
use gentoo, a kind of linux).

In Remove and Installation(I have load installation source) Tab of gui, I
can not find package "bigdelim" .  but when I search the texlive2008
directory, I find that package. why is it not in gui's list of package ?

Thanks.