[tex-live] Error at installing TeX-Live 2008 on Ubuntu

Max Strobel strobelmax at gaponline.de
Thu Jul 9 16:00:16 CEST 2009

Hi Norbert,

Norbert Preining schrieb:
> On Do, 09 Jul 2009, Norbert Preining wrote:
>
>> Please replace the install-tl with the attached one, that should stop
>> and not call the post action, but write all the log files
>>

> Now it is attached. Please replace the one you are normally calling with
> the one here.
>

>> Then do
>> - remove everything in your destination folder but temp/ where there
>>   are the downloaded .tar.lzma
>> - *remove* temp/formula.doc.tar.lzma
>> - then call the new (attached) install-tl with your normal options
>>   PLUS -v:
>> 	install-tl -v ...

Now I did everything what you wrote, but now I can't start the
install-tl. If I want to start it, there is the following error:

max at chaac:~/Downloads/install-tl$ sudo ./install-tl -v

sudo: ./install-tl: command not found

But I don't know, why the error suddenly appeared. I only deleteted all
files on /usr/local/texlive, but /usr/local/texlive/2008/temp.
I should do that, or did I understand you wrong?

Thanks
Max