[tex-live] pretest: install hangs (was re: path not set)

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Jul 7 22:38:16 CEST 2009

On Di, 07 Jul 2009, Joel C. Salomon wrote:
> No, nor did I use the -no-admin switch.  But my account is one that can
> be “elevated”, so maybe the admin-detecting code is checking on the
> wrong thing under Vista.

?? Sorry, I am having no idea about "can be *elevated*"? Our test is
whether the registry part of
LocalMachine/system/CurrentControlset/Control/Session Manager/Environment
can be opened in read-write mode.

The strange thing is that the error message you got is triggered by the
very same test for being-admin-or-not as everything else. So I do not
understand why it returned once true and once false.

Pity that I don't have a Vista virtual machine for testing ...

Best wishes

Norbert