[tex-live] pretest: epstopdf overwrites existing files

Daniel Becker daniel.becker at uni-rostock.de
Sun Jul 5 15:10:26 CEST 2009

Am 05.07.2009 um 14:13 schrieb Uwe Siart:

> In TL'09 pretest automatic eps-to-pdf conversion is launched even if
> the
> required PDF file already exists, replacing the old PDF files.
>
> This will not do any harm in most cases. But to my thinking a pdflatex
> run should not overwrite existing graphic files.
>
> Would it be possible to first test whether the required .pdf exists
> and
> lauch epstopdf only if necessary?

hm - epstopdf.sty (the package, not the script) can handle this
(conversion only when needed, i.e. pdf is missing or eps has been
updated). It is also important whether your includegraphics-command is
with or without file extension.

I couldn't read that discussion mentioned earlier (login required,
registration not working for me).

daniel