[tex-live] Bug report - tl-install fails on Solaris due to tar assumptions

Andre van Eyssen andre at purplecow.org
Wed Jul 1 01:52:48 CEST 2009

On Wed, 1 Jul 2009, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

> there is a Perl tar module (Archive/Tar.pm).  If we can assume that
> it's installed on all platforms, it's probably the best solution.

Sadly, it's not a default perl module and a quick check shows that it
doesn't ship with the Solaris perl distribution. I'm pretty sure some of
the other supported platforms don't ship with perl by default, either.

What about shipping the offending package in a shell archive (shar)?
That's pretty platform independant.

Andre.

--
Andre van Eyssen.