[tex-live] TexLive 2008 installation problems

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 21 20:59:45 CET 2009

2009/1/21 Zdenek Wagner <zdenek.wagner at gmail.com>:
> 2009/1/21 Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard <mpg at elzevir.fr>:
>> Unfortunately, I don't undestand install-tl enough to find a good place
>> to put this test and suggest a patch.
>>
> $lzmadec = full path to lzmadec on the DVD
> if (-r $lzmadec && !-x $lzmadec) {
>  die "Mount your DVD without the 'noexec' option.\n";
> }
> This code should appear as soon as the full path to lzmadec is known
> so that the user does not lose much time.

Probably the best place to do this test is in TLUtils::setup_programs
around here (lines 1273-79):

  # check for existence of lzmadec; this determines whether the present
  # pltform is supported.  Because of conv_to_w32_path possibly adding
  # quotes, strip them away for the file test.  Since all other uses of
  # conv_to_w32_path use the result in shell commands, this is the most
  # expedient thing to do.
  (my $lzmadec = $::progs{'lzmadec'}) =~ s/^"(.*)"/$1/;
  return(-1) if (! -r $lzmadec);

Maybe adding:

  return(-2) if (! -x $lzmadec);

with return code -2 signaling 'noexec' to the installer.

Cheers,

Tomek