[tex-live] I am very angry now.

Jonathan Kew jonathan at jfkew.plus.com
Thu Jan 15 10:33:14 CET 2009

On 15 Jan 2009, at 08:28, Norbert Preining wrote:

> Yue,
>
> there is something VERY VERY strange going on here:
>
> Your version of uninst2.bat contains:
> 	del /s /q "\README.*"
> 	del /s /q "\LICENSE.*"
> but neither on the DVD nor in our repository the code to create the
> uninstaller contains the "/s" ...

Looking in TL svn, this switch was present until revision 10210, Sat
Aug 9 20:42:59 2008 UTC.

And until revision 10032, Sun Aug 3 11:47:14 2008 UTC, there was a
typo ($tl instead of $td) which means the directory would have been
lacking from those commands; hence they start from the root.

So it seems Yue Wang has a somewhat old version. I haven't compared
what's on the physical DVD, but surely that predates some of these
fixes in svn?

JK