[tex-live] newbie question on TexLive install for Ubuntu 8.10

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jan 13 18:39:13 CET 2009

Hi David,

    First, please excuse me sending this to this email site if it is not the
    correct one.

It's the right place.

    Second, I am a long-time LaTeX user, but only on Mac OS X. I now am
    box.

don't have any other ideas.  When I do an installation from the original
08 image, the strangely-named "putfile." file does get installed fine.

    > Can't open '/home/teplow/Desktop/texlive/texmf-dist/doc/latex/coordsys/putfile.': No such file or directory

You mean the file does exist under that exact path?

Off topic, but I also don't see anything in coordsys.dtx which is
causing it to generate "putfile." instead of just "putfile" -- Robin?
(The actual contents look like some sort of pseudo-code?)