[tex-live] subversion config files

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Fri Feb 27 18:37:59 CET 2009

"GNW" == George N White writes:

 >> hm - was it a workaround for TAR on host which creates TL
 >> packages?  aren't you under control which tar is installed there?

 GNW> I suspect it was not tar but shell command-line limits that
 GNW> restrict use of long lists of files.

what i meant is that the TL packages with those .svn directories were
created on a tug servers, which do not have command-line limits (which
were on encountered on woe32, as i recall) nor the limits on number of
files in tar list.

so, when creating TL packages (which is done in a known good
environment without restrictive limits), it is safe to use long
command lines and file lists.

restrictions should be only made when unpacking TL packages (which is
done on user's computer, possibly with limits in place).

Best,
v.