[tex-live] subversion config files

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Feb 27 13:23:19 CET 2009

On Fr, 27 Feb 2009, Lars Madsen wrote:
> they are masively present in texmf-dist/tex4ht

Good hint. ... I believe I know where it comes from... no, I am REALLY
sure....

It was the bug fix that some tars cannot handle long lists of files, so
we collaüpsed directories, but now that includes also the .svn dirs.

Sorry for that ...

Karl: We have to add some way when collapsing directories to exclude
.svn directories.

For the tug we can assume having GNU tar, so a simple -exclude .svn or
something should do it.

> it is something like 14% of all installed files (7700 version ~60k)

Remove all of them, I mean all directories .svn

Best wishes

Norbert