[tex-live] Installation: dviout\dviout.exe not found

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Wed Feb 25 22:40:54 CET 2009

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009, Ingo H. de Boer wrote:

> I do not understand the problem completely from this partial email.
> But for WinShell I can say, if TL 2008 is installed correctly,
> WinShell looks at the registry to configure itself.
> Also, WinShell automatically looks for dviout (.exe, not .vbs!) and does
> an autoconfig based on dviout.
>
> I tried WinShell 3.3 and TL2008 before I released WinShell 3.3.

Well, sorry for a noise. I tried to configure WinShell to use dviout.vbs,
because we use that in TL2008 to start dviout (it is not so easy to
configure dviout itself). I've just tried and selecting full path to
dviout.exe in DVIView tab works OK. Perhaps because running dviout.vbs
first autoconfigured properly the program.

Thanks and all the best,

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl