[tex-live] tlmgr on Ubuntu linux?

Nicolas Vaughan nivaca at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 03:57:05 CET 2009

On curious, and nice, thing about installing TeX Live 2008 in Ubuntu
is the short time it takes to do it. It took almost 5 minutes, whereas
in Windows Vista (in the very same machine, and using the same ISO
image) it takes between 20 and 30 minutes. (BTW, this time-ratio can
also been noticed when compiling XeTeX documents.)

However, the update seem to be taking a lot of time!
Cheers!
Nicolas