[tex-live] also had an odd update

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Feb 9 02:59:12 CET 2009

    All seemed to go well until trying to handle tex4ht

The bottom line is, I broke updates with the tex4ht changes.  I'll spare
you the details.  Obviously I am very sorry about this!

You can either try the development version, update-tlmgr-latest.sh from
tlcritical (ftp://tug.org/texlive/tlcritical), or wait for us to push it
to tlnet, which I hope will happen within a few more days.

    What I find funny is that tlmgr has been updated by the install
    script, although it is merely a link in texlive/2008/bin/i386-linux
    that points to texlive/2008/texmf/scripts/tlmgr, which carries the
    date of 25 Dec 2008. Is that as I should be?

Sounds right to me.