[tex-live] tlmgr on Ubuntu linux?

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Mon Feb 9 01:26:16 CET 2009

On  8 Feb, 2009, at 16:36, Nicolas Vaughan wrote:

> Dear Norbert,
> Thanks a lot. I'll install Tex Live 2008 then.

That's what I did (install TeX Live on Ubuntu), and I'm very happy
with it. The only glitch you have to be aware of, is that if you want
to use Synaptic to install an application that depends on TeX Live
(say, the front-end TeXmaker), you're told you have first to install
TeX Live... 2007; that is, it doesn't recognize your 2008
distribution, or at least I didn't know how to tell Synaptic I already
had TeX Live. So I installed TeXmaker myself.

Best,

Axel