[tex-live] also had an odd update

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Feb 3 02:45:45 CET 2009

    texmf/scripts/tex4ht/htmove.pl tlpkg/tlpobj/tex4ht.tlpobj) failed in
    /vol/packages/TL/2008, status -0.00390625 at
    /vol/packages/TL/2008/tlpkg/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm line 455.

Do you have the current TLPOBJ.pm?  I believe it should be
r11955, 2009-01-23.  I wrote a fix for this problem in that version and
we pushed it out to tlnet several days ago, before we updated tex4ht,
since it was precisely tex4ht which exposed the problem.  (Of severely
limited cmdline lengths on i386-linux, of all places.  Sigh.)

    also in my xterm (redhat as 4)  all of the above lines are printed on
    one line without line breaks (which looks a bit odd)

It's on one line because the part that scrolled off your screen starts
with:
system(tar cf ... long list of files ...) failed ...

    I'm not quite sure what is going on here, and the status is very
    'interesting' ;-)

I divided by 256 where I shouldn't have.  I'll fix it sometime.
Meanwhile, it amused me too :).

karl