[tex-live] installing of (additional) executable files

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Dec 16 15:27:04 CET 2009

Hi Jobst,

On Mi, 16 Dez 2009, Jobst Hoffmann wrote:
> aren't set. I believe, that "setting the links for autoinstall" is
> missing in the tlmgr software but there may be some other problem on my

No, there are *NO* link actions down automatically by tlmgr.

See the man page:

- under option:
        sys_bin    (directory to which executables are linked by the path action)
        sys_man    (directory to which man pages are linked by the path action)
        sys_info   (directory to which Info files are linked by the path action)

- under path
   path [--w32mode=user|admin] [add|remove]
       On Unix adds or removes symlinks for binaries, man pages, and info
       pages in the directories specified by the respective options (see
       above).

tlmgr does *NOT* update links automatically, that has to be done by
the user using
	tlmgr path ....

Best wishes

Norbert
JAIST, Japan            TU Wien, Austria           Debian TeX Task Force