[tex-live] hyperref 6.79n breaks xetex's (xdvipdfmx) ability to set proper page dimensions (and overrides page dimensions on pdftex)

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Mon Dec 14 12:07:42 CET 2009

Hi Heiko,

"HO" == Heiko Oberdiek writes:

 HO> Correct is setting the paper size in LaTeX *and* setting it for the
 HO> output media or let a package do the last or both parts (geometry,
 HO> hyperref, ...).
[...]
 HO> * Media size: the bug is in the incomplete user input (forgetting
 HO> about \paperwidth, \paperheight.

ok, but to me it seems that there's still some bug:

here i'm setting both \pdfpage{width,height} and \paper{width,height}:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[unicode,pdftitle={test}]{hyperref}
\pdfpagewidth=300bp
\pdfpageheight=300bp
\setlength{\paperwidth}{300bp}
\setlength{\paperheight}{300bp}
\begin{document}
This is a test.
\end{document}

but when processing this document with xelatex, i'm getting

Page size:      612 x 792 pts (letter)

but when processing it with pdflatex, i'm getting

Page size:      300 x 300 pts

Commenting out hyperref makes both xelatex and pdflatex produce the
correct paper size.

Am i still doing something wrong?

Best,
v.