[tex-live] Incompatible geometry.sty changes

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 15:05:53 CEST 2009

2009/8/30 Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at freenet.de>:

> Am 30.08.2009 um 07:19 schrieb Vladimir Lomov:
>
>> Sorry, my fault. You should use article instead of minimal. All will
>> be ok then. Minimal class doesn't define \paperXXXXX but article does.
>> See lines 63--65, 72--74 and 121 in article.cls (v1.4f, 2005*09/16
>> from TeX Live 2009).
>

> When I use article instead of minimal I get from pdfinfo:
>
>        Creator:        TeX
>        Producer:       pdfTeX-1.40.10
>        CreationDate:   Sun Aug 30 10:44:22 2009
>        ModDate:        Sun Aug 30 10:44:22 2009
>        Tagged:         no
>        Pages:          1
>        Encrypted:      no
>        Page size:      792 x 612 pts (letter)
>        File size:      11293 bytes
>        Optimized:      no
>        PDF version:    1.4
>
> although I have set ISO A4 format as default paper size for all sorts of TeX
> and TeX output files. Why is geometry not following this setting?
Could you tell how you set ISO A4 format as default? There are many
places in TL where A4 format is mentioned. AFAIR, TL 2007 has
texconfig[-sys] utility which is used to configure some parts of TL
system and IMHO this not concerns the geometry package settings.

2TL list: I found 'geometry.cfg' in texmf-dist/doc/latex/geometry with
commented line
%\ExecuteOptions{a4paper}
We have several options in last tab (Configuration) of tlmgr GUI
concerning A4 format: should we add new item to list to switch on
a4paper format in geometry or just trigger setting in geometry (say,
copy 'geometry.cfg' to texmf-config/tex/latex/geometry without '%'
before \Execute...)?
I think the second choice is better: we already have item "Default
paper for all" in "Configuration" tab.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

Charles de Gaulle  - "The better I get to know men, the more I find
myself loving dogs." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/c/charles_de_gaulle.html