[tex-live] Incompatible geometry.sty changes

Uwe Siart usenet at siart.de
Sun Aug 30 12:35:04 CEST 2009

Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at freenet.de> writes:

> [...] I have set ISO A4 format as default paper size for all sorts of
> TeX and TeX output files. Why is geometry not following this setting?

I am not sure if the concept of »default paper size« in TL should really
go that far. IMO the package defaults should be the same all over the
world unless the user tweaks the config files manually and hence is
aware of his changes.

I mean if someone sends me a LaTeX document and I compile it I would
like to get the same result than he, independent of my default paper
size in TL. The default paper size of e.g. scrartcl.cls is ISO A4 and
the paper size setting of TL should not affect this, IMO. So shouldn't
it for 'geometry'.

--
Uwe