[tex-live] ifplatform: Detection of TeX Live on Windows

Alexander Cherepanov cherepan at mccme.ru
Fri Aug 28 23:05:07 CEST 2009

Hi Karl!
On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 16:58:56 -0500, karl at freefriends.org (Karl Berry) wrote:

>     On a related note, there are some files in texlive with duplicate
>     filenames. Some are more or less innocent but others look suspicious:
>
> There are a lot more than that.

Others seem to depend on search path. A couple of files with the same
name are porbably ok if each of them is found by the appropriate
engine?

The examples I listed in previous mail are all in
Master/texmf-dist/tex/latex/ so one file from each pair is totally
dead. (Didn't really checked search paths though.)

> Run tlmgr check if you want to see
> them.  They have mostly existed for years, although I see boisik just
> introduced a new one.
>
> If you or anyone would like to check any of them in detail and figure
> out what should be done, write authors, etc., that would be fantastic.

I will try to summarize the situation for mentioned files.

Alexander Cherepanov