[tex-live] oversimplyfied test for lzmadec existence

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Aug 20 23:42:45 CEST 2009

    does a TL user really want to know whether an internally used
    list was empty or not?

Of course not, but that's not the point.

    IMHO that's a fact only TL developers should
    care about, thus debug() seems more appropriate to me than tlwarn().

The point is that warning "shouldn't happen".  If it does happen, then
we want to be told about it.  Or learn it in the course of some bug
report, since it's a relevant fact.  If it was a debug message, it would
never be seen, or even output, by users.

    But I just learned about the -custom-bin option to install-tl, maybe
    that's what I need.  I'll try it ASAP.

Great, thanks.  Sorry I didn't remember to mention it.