[tex-live] Latex.fmt not found, tlmgr not working

Mike VanHorn michael.vanhorn at wright.edu
Wed Aug 5 20:37:33 CEST 2009

On 8/5/09 11:27 AM, "Norbert Preining" <preining at logic.at> wrote:

> On Tue, 04 Aug 2009, Karl Berry wrote:
>>     Can't locate TeXLive/TLConfig.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
>>     /usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf/scripts/texlive
>> /usr/local/texlive/2008/tlpkg
>>
>> TLConfig.pm should be in /usr/local/texlive/2008/tlpkg/TeXLive.
>> If it's not, something went badly wrong during the install, so that
>> files are simply missing.  No idea how that could have happened, sorry ...
>
> If it is not there, please get
> update-tlmgr-latest.sh
> from CTAN and start it. It will try to recreate all necessary files.

It was not in that directory, so I downloaded the update-tlmgr-... script
and ran it, and now it seems to run (I still have to download Perl/TK to
actually run tlmgr, but it's not giving the error anymore).

Latex still can't find latex.fmt, though. I'm hoping that tlmgr has some way
of fixing that.

---
Mike VanHorn
Senior Computer Systems Administrator
College of Engineering and Computer Science
Wright State University
265 Russ Engineering Center
937-775-5157
michael.vanhorn at wright.edu