[tex-live] PDF files cut off using a0poster with current texlive 2009 pretest

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 14:02:34 CEST 2009

2009/8/4 hh <hh-brasil at bol.com.br>:
> In your site there is a line shown
>
> dvips -Ppdf poster.dvi
>
> If I interpret this right, then there should be a config-file, which is not shown
> but should be.
> hh

-Ppdf asks to load a config file that just modifies some font maps.
The purpose is to embed all fonts (including the URW replacements for
the standard fonts). Using updmap(-sys) this behaviour could be set as
default so that the swich becomes unnecessary. Anyway, if dvips could
not find a config file, it would complain.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/