[tex-live] tlmgr and command interface

Roberto Giacomelli giaconet.mailbox at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 08:58:50 CEST 2009

Hi All,
Thank you for your answers.
I understand the reason of the tlmgr implementation.

@ Norbert: I not speak the Perl language sorry! And I don't have time
today for learning it. May be in the future. So I can't work on any
tlmgr patch.

@ Karl Berry:
You say is possible to write a "front end" to tlmgr. Very interesting
feature this way used --machine-readable tlmgr option.

@ Tomek
I think that an interactive mode in command line is more fast and
"easy" than the gui mode. Practically I don't use the tlmgr gui
version either under Windows or Linux.
A "front end" to tlmgr can resolve this problem.

Thank you to all.
--
Roberto Giacomelli