[tex-live] bug in TeX Live Utility

Artemio Gonzalez Lopez artemiog at me.com
Sat Aug 1 12:40:36 CEST 2009

Hi everybody,

There is a (mostly cosmetic) bug in the current TeX Live Utility,
which consistently overestimates the number of packages needed to be
updated. For instance, this morning it informed me that 5 critical
packages needed to be updated (one of them being the infrastructure
itself, yet after updating texlive.infra only two packages showed up
for updating. I suspect that the extra 2 packages were the two "Error
parsing output lines ..." lines that now appear at the end of every
operation, but I'm not sure.

Cheers, and thanks again for a wonderful job,

Artemio