[tex-live] 2009 release schedule?

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sat Apr 11 15:43:23 CEST 2009

On So, 05 Apr 2009, Vedran Miletić wrote:
> Will 2009 include a mechanism that makes it able to package newer
> context versions as updates? Or is it already possible in 2008, but
> nobody is doing it?

That is already possible, there is a script in the svn repository that
does exactely that from the minimals. So everything is in place but one
has to actually DO it, we have enough to do with normal TL support and
dev.

On So, 05 Apr 2009, Karl Berry wrote:
> Especially when major context developments also depend on current luatex
> and current mpost/mplib.

Right, but also that can be done directly from the minimals using the
script in our repo. It creates a TL repository that can be used
like
	tlmgr -location ... update --all
and it will update what is there, that can be luatex, context, or the
context modules.

Of course, binaries for luatex are only provided for the archs that are
there in the minimal distribution. If more people compile luatex
binaries for different archs from our tlbuild team we can put them
there. BUt that is not *my* priority.

Best wishes

Norbert