[tex-live] LZMA

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 18:32:51 CEST 2008

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 11:52 AM, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
>    one can ForceType  on all files in this directory.
>
> Thanks for the tip.  It wouldn't make sense to ForceType in the svn
> directory, but I set up a separate directory http://tug.org/texlive/lzma
> (just a symlink into the repo, so nothing to maintain), and did
> ForceType application/x-executable.

> Before I change the link on acquire.html, is that the right mime-type?
> I have no way to test, since my browser (seamonkey et al. on gnu/linux)
> does not add .txt extensions.

I just tested with .htaccess
<FilesMatch "lzma">
ForceType application/octet-stream
</FilesMatch>

At least on Mac Safari does not attempt to display file anymore and
does not add txt

Still one needs (after downloading) to chmod a+x and change name to lzma f

As long as you do not have any other files but  *lzma* in the
directory you do not need
<FilesMatch "lzma"> </FilesMatch> envelope (which selects files with
the string lzma in their names).

PS It would not work if AllowOverride does not allow ForceType
(on our server httpd.conf says

AllowOverride All)

giving users all the rights to screw up their webpages)

Victor

PS

http://www.math.toronto.edu/ivrii/icons_php/z2.jpg

is a php script MIME typed to php (so server treats is this way) but I
can use it with Bulletin Board allowing external images