[tex-live] DTL (DVI Text Language): licence?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Sep 27 23:18:57 CEST 2008

    Do you have a standard message or what is crucial to say?

Every situation is different, so there is no canned message.  What's
crucial to get across is simply that there is no licensing information,
and we'd like to get some direction about whether it's intended to be free.

    Is there a list of packages in TL which fall into this category

Look at texlive.tlpdb and search for "license unknown" (no quotes).

    (as opposed to the licence-genuinely-unknown-default-nonfree category)?

I'm not sure what you mean, unless it is noinfo.  I see TL is up to 20
noinfo packages now, due to Robin's work.  Those are actually the ones
it would make sense to concentrate on first, as far as researching and
contacting authors go.

Thanks,