[tex-live] Problem with TexLive installation

David Rossell david.rossell at irbbarcelona.org
Fri Sep 26 08:34:24 CEST 2008

Hello, I'm trying to install TexLive on a unix (MACHTYPE= ia64-suse-linux)
and the installer script "install-tl" is returning an error and telling me
to e-mail you guys at this address. It seems that the script is looking for
a file that does not exist (see the script output below).

Any suggestions as to what I could do? Please bear with me as I'm not an
expert on unix systems. Thank you in advance,

David

##SCRIPT OUTPUT
TeXLive::TLUtils::setup_programs failed at tlpkg/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm line
1043.
./tlpkg/installer/lzma/lzmadec.ia64-linux --help failed (status 32512): No
such file or directory
Output is:
Can't exec "./tlpkg/installer/lzma/lzmadec.ia64-linux": No such file or
directory at tlpkg/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm line 1046.
Couldn't set up the necessary programs.
Cannot continue with installation.
Please report to texlive at tug.org.

--
David Rossell
Manager, Bioinformatics and Biostatistics unit