[tex-live] prolems running latex in tex-live

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 12:58:35 CEST 2008

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 8:45 PM, Ralph Boland <rpboland at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/9/20 Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at>
>>
>> On Sa, 20 Sep 2008, Ralph Boland wrote:
>> > I assume this is a big part of my problem.
>> > I will remove it and try again.
>>
>> Please report ... but I am quite sure that all will work afterwards.
>>
>> Best wishes
>>
>> Norbert
>
> Yes, everything is fine now.
> Even my llncs.cls file works.
>
> Sorry for all the grief.

Well, thank you for persisting to the end -- many people would have given up and
gone off to reinstall linux from scratch.   We need to find more
effective ways to deal
with cases such as yours -- the internet is cumulative so the bad
advice you found
will probably be found by others for years to come.

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia