[tex-live] xeCJK package missing

Jjgod Jiang gzjjgod at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 03:00:39 CEST 2008

Hi all,

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 2:35 AM, Robin Fairbairns
<Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> as i said, wen-chang didn't want the package on ctan.

Let me explain it a little bit further. During the preparation of
the Chinese translation of TeX Live 2008 Guide, we found it will
be really helpful if xeCJK can be integrated into TL. So we
contacted Sun Wenchang to ask him to put this package on CTAN. But
after a while he decided to withdraw this package because a few
bugs were found after it's included in TL2008. Wenchang thought
it's irresponsible to put such a buggy package with TL at that
time (TL2008 was going to be released). We explained the new TL
release infrastructure to him but he insisted on keeping that
project separate.

So at present, CTeX forum [1] is probably the only place you can
retrieve this package. We will ask Wenchang to reconsider about
putting xeCJK on CTAN after it's more stable. (To me, xeCJK is
already quite stable and I used that on day to day basis, however
Wenchang apparently set a high bar on the package he releases.)

- Jiang

[1] http://bbs.ctex.org/viewthread.php?tid=40232 (in Chinese)