[tex-live] TL: fancytooltips (again), schedule, yplan

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Sep 17 22:14:41 CEST 2008

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard writes:
 > cfrees at imapmail.org a écrit :
 > > I solved it by generating a pdf version myself but I'm curious about
 > > the problem. If somebody could send me an md5 sum, I'd be grateful.
 > >
 > Here I can view the file correctly with xpdf, evince, and acroread 9.
 > The file is reported OK by pdfinfo.

The file had been created by Inkscape 0.44.1.  It's not compressed, so
someone with more PDF experience (Heiko, Martin...) could check
whether there is something unusual (not worth the effort if Inkscape
0.44.1 is ancient).  However, I don't have much knowledge about PDF,
I just wrote some PostScript code in the past (PDF and PS are using
the same imaging model), and I absolutely don't have the impression
that the file is broken.  I don't see anything unusual.

The file is even *much* simpler than the example described in the
pdftex manual.  Don't know why it can't be displayed everywhere.

BTW, curiously, old versions of CorelDraw (in the nineties) suffered
from rounding errors.  The rounding errors had been visible even by
people who are less finicking than TeX users.  Inkscape seems to be
much more precise then necessary.

As far as I can judge, Inkscape produces nice output which can be
debugged easily.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25