[tex-live] tlmgr testing, pretty please

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Fri Sep 12 21:20:59 CEST 2008

On Sep 12, 2008, at 13:43, Axel E. Retif wrote:

> [...]
>
> OK. I couldn't with Safari, so I used wget; downloaded tlmgr.pl
> 10574 and everything seems to be working. I'll run more tests and
> report back.

The updated machine (Mac Intel, 10.5.4), tlmgr.pl 10574 and tlmgrgui-
real.pl 10471, shows the actual installation source (in my case,
``Current installation source: http://tezcatl.fciencias.unam.mx...'').

The not-yet-updated machine (Mac PPC, 10.5.4) shows the ``generic''
source: http://mirror.ctan.org...

Both show the same collections, binaries and packages to be updated.

Currently doing the update in the Mac Intel machine; I'll let you know
if there are any problems.

One more thing ---I see that some other files in

http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/texmf/scripts/texlive/

are newer than the ones I have, say texdoc.tlu ---will they be updated
or do I have to download them as well?

Best,

Axel