[tex-live] tlmgr testing, pretty please

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Fri Sep 12 20:23:52 CEST 2008

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008, Norbert Preining wrote:

> On Fr, 12 Sep 2008, Staszek Wawrykiewicz wrote:
> > Starting new stuff from svn (not only texmf/scripts/texlive, as Karl wrote,
> > but also changed tlpkg/TeXLive/*)
> >
> > c:\>C:/install-tl: No such file or directory at c:/Program Files/texlive/2008/te
> > xmf/scripts/texlive/tlmgr.pl line 1044
>
> Staszek, please tell me *WHAT* you did, ie what you did invoke?

As I wrote, I started tlmgr gui. As you can see
"c:/install-tl" and then "ftp://tug.org/texlive/tlnet/2008" are copy-paste
from cmd window messages of tlmgr.

> It is NOT for the installer, but ONLY for the installed system. The
> installer does not change!

Sure, otherwise I couldn't start tlmgr :-) I installed TL just after it
was frozen and now wanted to update it using the current scripts/texlive
and tlpkg/TeXLive.

Best wishes,

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz