[tex-live] tlmgr testing, pretty please

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Sep 12 20:19:38 CEST 2008

On Fr, 12 Sep 2008, Dr. Clea F. Rees wrote:
> I thought the error I was seeing with the trial version of tlmgr was
> the same error but now I'm not sure. So just in case:

No, you found a different error.

> i.e. tlmgr option location
> http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008
>
> Result:

> /usr/texbin/tlmgr line 842, <TMP> line 90451.

Fixed in tlmgr.pl revision 10574. Please get it, replace your current
copy, and again call
	tlmgr option location http://....

Thanks.

> This seemed so similar to the bug people were seeing when checking the
> version I thought it was probably the same. But this *does* seem like a
> real bug...?

Yes, real bug. Sorry, I introduced it when I tried to deal with Phil's
bug report on c:/foo/bar vs c:\foo\bar. Again, abs_path("http://...")
returns "". Bummer.

Best wishes

Norbert

KITMURVY (n.)
Man who owns all the latest sporting gadgetry and clothing (gold
trolley, tee cosies, ventilated shoes, Gary Player- autographed
tracksuit top, American navy cap, mirror sunglasses) but is still only
on his second gold lesson.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff