[tex-live] tlmgr testing, pretty please

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 18:01:24 CEST 2008

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 9:53 PM, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:

> Norbert and I have made more updates to tlmgr.  We want to push this out
> as soon as possible, since (among other things) this version "fixes" on
> a given CTAN mirror for the duration of an update, a la install-tl.
>
> But I'd really like to have other people test it (especially on Windows
> and Mac), to make sure we haven't introduced new bugs.  As I wrote
> before, just grab the current rev of tlmgr.pl from
> http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/texmf/scripts/texlive/ and put
> it in your tree in that same location, texmf/scripts/texlive.

$ tlmgr --version
/export/home/gwhite/texlive/2008/bin/sparc-solaris/tlmgr line 82.
tlmgr revision
TeX Live (http://tug.org/texlive) version 2008

[note the missing revision number].  Other than that, it worked for me on
Solaris 10 sparc and Leopard (OSX 10.5.4) intel in very limited tests,
including
updates using a mirror site.

> If you can test the GUI version, also take the new tlmgrgui-real.pl from
> http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/texmf/scripts/texlive/tlmgrgui/.

$ tlmgr --gui
/usr/texbin/tlmgr line 82.

The GUI seemed to work normally in limited tests.

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia