[tex-live] Tex Live 2008 in Vista - installation won't start

Ivan Sutoris ivan.sutoris at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 23:54:54 CEST 2008

>I have been trying to install Tex Live 2008 in Windows Vista. I
>downloaded the iso and mounted it, but running install-tl.bat results
>in a bunch of errors, so the installer won't even start. Output from
>command line is pasted below. I'm not sure what the problem is, could
>anyone offer some advice?

It looks like I have solved the problem. I uninstalled MSYS + MinGW
(which I think contained its own Perl installation) and deleted
references to previous (and already uninstalled) Perl and MikTex
installations from PATH. One of these measures worked and now the
installer seems to run ok. Another problem during installation was
that I couldn't install to Program Files (directory not writable -
seems to be problem with Vista permissions), but I chose another
directory and it seems to be allright now.

Anyway, thanks for your comments
Ivan Sutoris