[tex-live] TL: acrotex/acroweb

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Tue Sep 9 12:51:44 CEST 2008

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:

> if moreover it's
> particularly difficult to install... you get the idea.

This part I fully appreciate.

> Can we make free software for windows? This is probably not the
> appropriate list for such a question...

It seems an important question, none the less.

Your own criterion (snipped earlier, reinserted here)
"should not essentially depend on non-free software"
is surely /highly/ moot when speaking of Win-32 binaries.

** Phil --- who most certainly does not want to
see TeX Live go Gnu/Unix/Linux only, but who
equally does not want to see excluded software
that /assumes/ that a user will have certain
non-libre software (such as Adobe Acrobat,
or Microsoft Windows) available.