[tex-live] TeXLive Manager (numbers)

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Mon Sep 8 01:35:22 CEST 2008

Victor Ivrii a écrit :
> OK, I hope you know what you are asking for (evil chuckle)

[:afraid:]

> 1) asymptote.sty, neither in TL, nor on CTAN, installs by asymptote
> (similar to gnuplot)
> http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=asymptote

asymptote.sty is quite useless without the asy binary (and not on CTAN
either, as Robin notes). We thought to integrate the asymptote binary,
but had no time for this release since binaries obviously take more time
to integrate, build everywhere and test.

[skipping some others, but I'll look into them later, don't worry]

> 2) attachfile (of Scott Pakin)
> 4)  caption

The updates probably happened when we were already frozen for
pre-release. Since then, a big list of pending updates have accumulated,
so we need a bit more delay than usual to handle it.

> 6) biblatex: Missing on TL, is on CTAN

See its README: author kindly asks not to package it before it reaches
v1.0. We just respect his wish.

> 7) fancytooltips: version coincide but in TL graphics files are missing
> -rw-rw-r--   1 ivrii  ivrii    953 Feb 24  2007 fancytipmark.eps
> -rw-rw-r--   1 ivrii  ivrii   1454 Feb 24  2007 fancytipmark.pdf
> -rw-rw-r--   1 ivrii  ivrii   2514 Feb 24  2007 fancytipmark.svg

*Very* weird: those files appear in my svn working copy, but not in the
listing there:

http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/texmf-dist/doc/latex/fancytooltips/

Karl: any ideas why?

For the others, a common reason for not being in TL is licence problems
(or depending on something non-free). Another reason can be human error :-)

Manuel.

PS: thanks for your input.