[tex-live] texdoc error

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Sep 7 03:27:06 CEST 2008

Karl Berry writes:
 >     clearly proves that Windows is completely broken.
 >
 > Blanket statements like this, whether about Windows or about Unix or
 > anything else, are not helpful.  Please refrain from sending them to the
 > list.
 >
 > We all know that both Windows and Unix have their problems.  And both
 > have their adherents, both have their devotees.  And, we all have to
 > live with both of them (unfortunately for both sides), in the context of
 > TeX Live at least.
 >
 > So please, let's get back to helping TeX Live work better for everyone,
 > and keep the operating system (or any other) flames damped down.
 >
 > Thanks,
 > Karl
 >
 > P.S. Reinhard, please don't think I'm picking on you individually; your
 > message was just the latest in the long line ...

Hi Karl,
I fear you missed the point.  It's horribly annoying that you always
only cite one line from a mail message and draw any conclusions from it.

Please read the whole message.

I said:
 > There is no texdoc or any other TeX Live related script involved. Phil
 > just double-clicked on a PDF-file in the Widows Exploder.  This
 > example clearly proves that Windows is completely broken.

There is no nagging about Windows.  I just said that there is a bug.
And I said that you can't make texdoc responsible for it because it's
not involved.

That's all.

Regards,
  Reinhard