[tex-live] texdoc error

Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Mon Sep 1 10:39:50 CEST 2008

Fengnan Gao wrote:

> I don't know, I am using vista and Acrobat Pro 9. Maybe it has something
> to do with operating system for vista's improved privilege control? It
> seems that I can open the pdf file with Acrobat if I go to that
> directory and double-click on it.
> As I noted before, if I keep a acrobat window open (active or non-active),
> there would be no problem at all.
> Cheers;

Agreed : launching the file directly does /not/
induce the problem.  The TeXdoc interface would
seem to lie at the heart of this, rather than
the specific version of Acrobat.

Incidentally, while testing, I double-clicked
on "minitoc.pdf", and not only it but "t-lilypond.pdf"
opened : "lilypond.pdf" is not even in the same
directory ...

Furthermore, "TeXdoc t-lilypond" provokes the
same error (with AR 8.1) as does "TeXdoc minitoc".

** Phil.