[tex-live] texlive2008 install-tl fails on Windows XP Chinese traditional

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Fri Oct 31 22:47:40 CET 2008

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 11:04:03AM +0100, Siep Kroonenberg wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 02:57:56AM +0200, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
> > Nien-Po Chen writes:
> >  > To whom it may concern,
> >  >
> >  > I cannot find any other e-mail addresses to report this problem, so I
> >  > send it to you. I wold like to install TeXLive 2008 to Windows XP
> >  > (Chinese traditional).  The installer stops, as shown in the attached
> >  > screen shots.  It seems the installer cannot handle the folder names
> >  > (in traditional Chinese) properly and fails in mkdir.  Any
> >  > suggestion?  Thanks.

The latest version translates the shortcut locations to short names.
Try the net installer at
http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008/

The file install-tl/tlpkg/TeXLive/TLWinGoo.pm should have a date of
october 29, otherwise your mirror is has not yet been updated for
this modification and you should wait a bit longer. I hope this
solves the problem.

--
Siep Kroonenberg