[tex-live] minor problems with install-tl

Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Tue Oct 28 15:48:20 CET 2008

Norbert Preining wrote:

> Any more stories needed, train rides in Russia, Vietnam, ...

Done Vietnam :-)  Ha Noi to Sa Pa, about nine hours
in a sleeper.  Seemed fine at the time, but not sure
I would do it without a native speaker in the party !
But for those of a sensitive disposition (such as myself),
get clear of Sa Pa station as soon as you can.  Pigs
are sold nearby, by weight, weighed alive by having their
legs trussed and then hung upside down from a wooden pole.
Their squealing made me feel very sick, and I had to get
out of there as quickly as possible.

** Phil.