[tex-live] tlmgr update and test

Mohamed Bana m.bana.lists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 00:05:28 CET 2008

So, I issued those command on my vista 64bit machine and now.

 >fc-cache -v
E:/Fonts: caching, new cache contents: 0 fonts, 437 dirs
E:/Fonts: failed to write cache
E:/Fonts/Adobe Garamond Pro: caching, new cache contents: 6 fonts, 0 dirs
E:/Fonts/Adobe Garamond Pro: failed to write cache
FcDirCacheValid(dir) returned FcFalse.

fails even after I change C:\Program Files
(x86)\texlive\2008\texmf-var\fonts\conf\fonts.conf

to include

<dir>E:/Fonts</dir>
<cachedir>c:/etc/fccache</cachedir>

I only included the latter to see if it would fail if I included the
cache dir.

 >fc-cache -v -r -f

fails with the same thing

Please help.