[tex-live] minor typo in tlmgr output, and broken file links

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 16:17:03 CEST 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 9:03 PM, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
>    I tried the tlmgr remove and install (using a local svn Master copy), but
>    it didn't really change anything -- the symbolic links were not deleted
>
> I'm surprised, but ok, then I have no idea how to get rid of them except
> manual deletion.
>
>    and the missing files were not installed.
>
> To the best of my knowledge, nothing is missing from the marvosym
> package as it exists in tlnet now (last updated Oct 15), except for the
> symlinks which exist on CTAN.  We simply remove them for TL.  The
> mac/readme.txt and vtex/install.txt files are there.
>
>    they are not appropriate for texmf-dist/doc on TeX Live.
>
> No, that is not the issue at all.

The files are there, but under texmf-dist/doc/fonts/.

The dangling links were under texmf-dist/doc/latex, but now the docs
are in texmf-dist/doc/fonts/.   I don't see any mention of
texmf-dist/doc/latex/marvosym in the current texlive.tlpdb, so I just
zapped the texmf-dist/doc/latex/marvosym tree (which contained only
the two dangling links).

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia