[tex-live] minor typo in tlmgr output, and broken file links

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Oct 22 22:49:06 CEST 2008

Hi Nelson,

        ./texlive-2008-08/texmf-dist/doc/latex/marvosym/mac/README: No such file or directory
        ./texlive-2008-08/texmf-dist/doc/latex/marvosym/vtex/README: No such file or directory

Unfortunately we simply have no practical way to go back in time and
figure out what bug caused this.  As Reinhard replied, neither those
symlinks (nor any others) exist in the master tree now, nor in the .lzma
archives for net update.

So Your best bet might be to run
  tlmgr remove marvosym
  tlmgr install marvosym

After first being sure that you are using an up-to-date mirror, such as
(presumably) your own.  Specifically, I suggest running
  tlmgr option location http://ctan.math.utah.edu/ctan/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008/

so that tlmgr will just use your own server instead of going through the
multiplexer.  I can't imagine anything good coming of going anywhere
else.  (If you have a generic /local/path/to/your/ctan, that'd be even
faster.)

    hyphen-french: revision in http://mirror.cps.cmich.edu/ctan/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008 \
    is less then local revision, not updating!

It would seem that the mirror.cps.cmich.edu was not up to date.  I just
fixed the hyphenmin settings in hyphen-french yesterday, so it's not
surprising that some mirrors do not have the change yet.

What effect your manually-installed files will have, I cannot guess.
Probably nothing good, best to remove them again if you try the
remove/install.

Hope this helps somehow,
karl