[tex-live] minor typo in tlmgr output, and broken file links

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Wed Oct 22 18:44:27 CEST 2008

Last night, I ran tlmgr to update our TeX Live 2008 tree, using our
local CTAN mirror as the default data source.  This morning, I got a
report from a nightly cron job that reported two new broken symlinks
in the newly-updated TeX Live tree:

    ./texlive-2008-08/texmf-dist/doc/latex/marvosym/mac/README: No such file or directory
    ./texlive-2008-08/texmf-dist/doc/latex/marvosym/vtex/README: No such file or directory

These README files are broken links to readme.txt and install.txt
respectively.

In attempting to diagnose the problem, I reran tlmgr to update from
the master site

    % tlmgr -location http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008 update --all

In its output is the line

    hyphen-french: revision in http://mirror.cps.cmich.edu/ctan/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008 \
    is less then local revision, not updating!

That should be "less than", not "less then".  The offending source
code line is here:

% grep -n 'less th' texlive-2008-08/texmf/scripts/texlive/tlmgr.pl
1144:      print "$pkg: revision in $location is less then local revision, not updating!\n";

After the update run, the links are still broken, so is anyone else
seeing the same problem?

I found the missing files in the CTAN tree, and have repaired the
problem locally.